The technological boom has set the pace for every industry to align itself with the latest digital transformation trends. One of the biggest leaps in the economy since 2020, companies have understood the necessity of technological integrations into every sector, making IT an intrinsic aspect of every business. From banking to lifestyle, every industry vertical is now heavily investing in curated platforms, applications, and digital experiences to keep up with changing times. This has brought the SaaS companies a great deal of workflow, considering the increasing demand for their product and services. In light of such rapid progress, paying attention to your SaaS company’s PR activities is a great way to improve your visibility.
Here’s a list of the best practices that could help you in establishing your SaaS company’s PR strategy. If you follow them consistently, not only will you reach substantial success in the upcoming quarter, but will also set up a great foundation for the future.
1) Launch whitepapers: One of the goals of a PR campaign is to create some ripples in the market regarding your presence. What better way to get the job done using whitepapers? Get an internal team to have your job done to release regular whitepapers. These are intensive documents that track and analyze industry trends pertaining to your industry. Alternatively, you can also hire external teams to conduct deep research and analysis to get your work done. Successful and informative whitepapers can create thought leadership in the market, helping you come up with a prominent name.
2) Get featured on review sites: Earning a spot on software product and service websites helps prospective customers learn about your offerings and provides valuable backlinks to the company website. When submitting your software to review sites, ensure the site is relevant to your target market. There’s no point in submitting to a site that doesn’t reach your target audience. Also, be sure to follow the submission guidelines. Many review sites have specific requirements for how you should submit the software, and if you don’t follow these guidelines, the site may ignore your submission. Don’t be discouraged if your software isn’t accepted immediately. Some sites receive hundreds of requests daily, so it can take a while for your software to be reviewed.
3) Prioritize your PR SEO strategy: One of the places where tech companies may tend to downplay their priorities is the SEO side of operations. However, every business requires digital marketing today. It can be termed as the make-or-break criteria for search engines, which are very particular about the overall user experience criteria. Since PR is all about reaching the right masses and delivering your brand’s message to them, it is imperative that you understand how Saas PR impacts SEO. Once you get this aspect of it clear, it will be easier to come up with a strategy to maximize your digital presence apart from your main product.
4) Publish an e-book: Today, one of the best ways to have your brand stand in the limelight is to provide something of value to the public. As a PR strategy for SaaS companies, professionals and enthusiasts are constantly on the lookout for useful information. What better way to provide value-added services to them than publish an e-book? Not only will this project your own expertise but also establish market dominance. The release of your e-book can also cover the PR activities through ancillary methods, redirecting curiosity towards your brand.
5) Circulate press releases: Your customer base may be B2B or B2C, but all of them have a common ask. Communication is an essential aspect of running a business and giving your stakeholders all updates regarding your whereabouts is the best way. Keep them in the know regarding your latest updates, functionalities, releases, and performances using press releases. This also can be used to generate interest among the ideal client circle through a reliable PR company.
6) Host a podcast: Knowledge is meant for sharing, and everyone wants to learn from an experienced person. In the era of all things digital, the average consumer has quite an appetite for information. There are several people who don’t prefer to read but like to listen to podcasts on the go. This can be an excellent idea as a PR move for your company if you have the right content. All you need to do is start a podcast, or hop onto the podcast of a known host. Either way, this gives you the opportunity to share your thoughts and insights, which can be a great promotional move for your SaaS business.
7) Hot free webinars: As mentioned above, people love value-added services, be they a podcast or e-books. However, giving away free tutorials or know-how through webinars is sure to change your PR game. Invite students, business people, and potential clients looking for solutions to such webinars to promote your brand, but also leave them with invaluable information.
Now that you know what it takes for your SaaS company to develop a winning PR strategy, you can begin the formulation process with your internal team. Not only can this help you align your long and short-term goals with the rest of the teams, but also lead the way to excellent marketing. We hope that this blog gave you all the necessary insights to get started. For more information on SaaS PR tactics, stay tuned to our future releases!