Nothing can upset a Canadian postal service user more than having their package misplaced during shipment. Whether is it a much-wished-for purchase from an online store, a college admission letter, or a stack of ultra-important business papers sent by mail, having these lost in transit can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety.
However, the initial frustration aside, there are other implicit expenses and damages associated with failed deliveries. Read on to learn more about these hidden costs, as well as obtain useful advice on how to protect yourself against them, such as with the help of using third-party tracking tools like pkge.net.
The Real Cost of a Package Lost in Sending
Every lost package has a price of its own and it does not necessarily equal the value of the item inside. A parcel gone missing can cause consumers a great deal of damage in several ways, including:
- Lost time: when a parcel or correspondence goes missing, you’ll likely spend a significant amount of time tracking it down by placing numerous phone calls, sending emails, and paying visits to the post office.
- Lost money: you might be left with no other choice but to pay for the item the second time if you really need it; that is, of course, unless there is insurance covering the lost package.
- Ruined reputation: for a business owner, a package lost in shipping can result in a damaged reputation. Even if all costs are reimbursed, frustrated customers are very likely to want to take their business elsewhere in the future.
Last but not least, trying to locate a package gone missing may also be detrimental to the person’s mental health and general well-being, causing one to feel constantly anxious and angry.
Protecting Yourself as a Consumer
Being the country’s largest postal operator that delivers approx. 8 million parcels and letters across Canada daily, Canada Post is not immune to mistakes and issues. As a regular customer, you are likely to encounter these at some point. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to protect yourself from the hidden costs of lost packages, such as:
- Take advantage of specialized tracking services: pkge.net is a great tool you can use to track Post Canada in real time. It is a secure and fast way to easily keep tabs on your parcels and mail every step of the way.
- Insure your packages: buying insurance does not prevent your shipped goods or documents from getting lost but helps offset the costs of replacing those.
- Keep all documentation intact: keeping all receipts related to your package until the shipment safely arrives at its destination is necessary if you wish to make tracking down a lost package or filing a claim easier.
To minimize the likelihood of having your package misplaced, do your research and pick a shipping option with an incident-free track record of delivering shipments on time.
A Way to Make Your Lost Shipments Cost You Less
Lost parcels and correspondence misplaced in transit can be a massive pain, but there are things you can do about it. By using a tracking service, insuring your shipments, and keeping all documentation, you can protect yourself from many hidden costs associated with this frequent mishap.