CBD isolate is unique from other forms in numerous ways, from appearance to consistency. It is a “crystalline” powder instead of an oil. It consists of pure cannabidiol, up to 99% of the cannabinoid, minus all other chemical compounds, including (tetrahydrocannabinol) THC. Find out what CBD isolate is at https://www.thehealthy.com/alternative-medicine/this-is-what-cbd-isolate/
How Does CBD Become an Isolate?
The term “isolate” references that the CBD remains carefully separated from all the other elements during the extraction process to keep the compound as pure as possible.
Manufacturers remove all plant matter from hemp like oils, waxes, and phytocannabinoids like chlorophyll, and especially THC during a complicated extraction technique that leaves the crystalline powder.
That occurs after an initial round of extraction that generally leaves the product in a “full” or “broad-spectrum” state, meaning there are still flavonoids, terpenes, and other cannabinoids remaining.
Thus, additional purification is needed to get the product to its filtered state. That filtering references as “winterization.” An alcohol wash saturates the cannabidiol extract, during which it goes into a freezer where the CBD separates from the other materials that remain in the oil.
It will then endure rotary evaporation and decarboxylation, at which point the compound transforms into a crystalline powder with help from a unique processing method. Look here for a guide to isolate.
Fun Ways to Use CBD Isolate
The isolate is a popular consumption method because of its purity and lack of THC. Many people prefer to avoid THC entirely, so there are no adverse effects from the cannabinoid. THC is the element found in marijuana that produces the “high” with use.
CBD is non-intoxicating, instead leaning more towards the therapeutic spectrum with little likelihood for adverse reaction and no chance for overdose. The powder touts purity up to as much as 99% cannabidiol, meaning you get the full benefit of the cannabinoid without other chemical compounds interfering in the mix, including THC.
While the procedure for creating the isolate is complex, you can find the product with companies that specialize in cannabidiol. One product line, Cheefbotanicals collection, is a trusted, isolated product line that offers pure powder for use in numerous ways. The form boasts incredible ease of use and an exceptional versatility not seen with most other forms. Some simple ways to use the product include:
- Dissolve: Probably the easiest way you can consume the crystalline powder is to place it in your mouth and allow the substance to dissolve. It’s reminiscent of using the tinctures. A difference you’ll note is the tincture offers a bitter, almost “earthy” taste that some people find offensive.
The isolate has no odor or taste, so you can let it dissolve with no fear of enduring an unpleasant flavor while it works. That’s one reason more people find the form appealing over other deliveries.
- Beverages: Isolate powder is versatile, with the capacity for adding it to smoothies, juices, and other types of drinks. It’s a matter of measuring your dose and then shaking or stirring it to mix it into the substance or put it into the blender with the other ingredients for the smoothie.
Many people use the cannabinoid on a daily basis as part of their wellness routine, putting it into a health drink, while others use the therapeutic compound in tea or even coffee each morning.
- Cooking: An ideal way to use it is with cuisine. Many people enjoy creating different sauces, stir-fries, soups, different dressings, or even baked goods. The powder is perfect for working into these varied recipes. It’s merely a matter of learning how to dose and understand keeping the temperature even.
If you use too much heat with CBD, you run the risk of degrading the substance. You have to heat slowly so that the compound doesn’t lose its potency. You also want to ensure foods you make that include cannabidiol stay out of reach of children and pets.
- Topicals: Some DIY enthusiasts create various topical creams and lotions using these isolate products. Topicals infused with CBD are the ideal way to reduce the soreness from muscle aches and pains. These rub into the localized spot, reducing inflammation and helping to decrease the pain sensation.
Many online resources offer simple recipes for DIY topicals infused with the cannabinoid, whether you prefer a balm, lotion, cream, salve, or any more trendy options in the bath categories.
- Pets: Pet products are a massive part of the CBD industry. Many pet parents are finding success with creating homemade infused pet treats with the isolate to help with the furry friend’s overall wellness. Again, the idea is to make sure when baking the treats; you don’t heat the oven at too great a temperature to degrade the cannabidiol.
The suggestion is to use low heat and bake slowly to maintain the strength of the compound so that the animal gets the full benefit of the properties.
CBD isolate won’t give you the infamous “entourage” effect of the whole plant’s natural compounds working together to boost the individual properties. Still, it offers all the cannabinoids benefits without any THC, which is a huge draw for many users who prefer to avoid potential adverse effects from the psychoactive component.
The concentration allows you to dose smaller, meaning the product will last for an extended period compared to some of the other options meaning you can save money, especially if this is something you use as part of your wellness routine daily. And as a rule, many people find CBD a relevant part of a healthy daily wellness routine.