Last updated: March 6, 2019
Everyone knows Hulk. He is one of the most popular Marvel characters. The man who always angry, but has an extraordinary power. At the time of writing, Hulk is being back in action through the “Avengers: Infinity War” movie, trying to stop Thanos from destroying half of the universe.
Joining the party of “Avengers: Infinity War” that is being an endemic, this tutorial will show you how to turn your photo into Hulk.
You know Hulk. He has a green body. So, the main concept if you want to turn yourself into Hulk is paint yourself to be green. GIMP has a Paintbrush Tool to do so, but it won’t stop there. You also need to make several other settings to really make your body to be green like Hulk. Here are the steps to turn yourself into Hulk.
As usual, if you want to edit a photo the very first thing you need to do is to prepare the photo itself. Since you want to turn yourself into Hulk, a topless photo would be ideal. In this tutorial, I use a photo of a man who is exercising at the fitness center.
Note: The XCF file of this tutorial — as well as the photo — are available to download on the end section of this tutorial.
- Launch GIMP and open the photo you want to turn into Hulk by going to File -> Open.
- Create a new transparent layer by going to Layer -> New Layer. On the appearing pop-up dialog, choose Transparency.
- Select the transparent layer you have just created.
- Change the foreground color to green. In this example, I use a green color with the hex code of “0a9320”.
- Click the Paintbrush Tool on the Toolbox panel and set the size.
- With Paintbrush Tool selected, brush over the subject’s body.
- Change the layer mode of the transparent layer to Overly.
- Click the Eraser Tool on the Toolbox panel to recover some brushed parts. Like eyes, teeth, beard, hair and so on.
Once you are done with the brushing and the recovering process, duplicate the transparent layer to 2 or 3 to increase the green level. Also set the opacity of the duplicated layers until you get satisfied with the green level. Following is the example I created.