Creating a new Gmail account is extremely easy. That’s why there are so many people who have multiple Gmail accounts. However, there some who sticking with a single Gmail account for all their needs.
For a certain reason you may want to migrate from your current Gmail account to a new one. You also want to take all the messages on your current account along with you in your new account. You may have’t known this. Gmail lets you to transfer the messages from one account to another. You need no third party tool to make it happen. Just follow these two simple steps to transfer Gmail messages from one account to another.
Step one: Enable POP in your old Gmail account
The first thing you need to do to transfer messages between two Gmail account is enabling the POP on your old account. This will allow Gmail to fetch messages from your old account and transfer them to another account.
- Login to your old Gmail account and click on the gear icon at the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- On the next page click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and select the Enable POP for all mail option. Click on the Save Changes button to make the change.
Step two: Import messages to your new account
Now you are ready to import the messages from your old account to the new one. Assuming that you have created your new account, please login and follow these steps.
- From your Gmail dashboard please click the gear icon and select Settings.
- On the Settings page select the Accounts and Import tab and click the Add a mail account link on the Check mail from other accounts section. You will be prompted to type the email address of the account you want to import the messages from.
- Type your old Gmail address on the appearing pop-up and click Next. On the next wizard, just click Next again.
- Before the messages are truly imported you will be asked for the password of your old account to ensure you really have a privilege over the account. No other settings you need to change. Once typed the password click the Add Account button to start importing.
Done. If there’s no errors, you will have all your messages from your old account to the new one.