Wireless routers have been widely used at present. Because they are not restricted by network lines, they can properly access the Internet freely in the home and office area. The following is the introduction of best wireless router. Let’s find out below!
Easy way to buy a home wireless router
Network technology is continuously evolving. According to current trends, we need to guarantee at least the following:
- Gigabit wired network port – now 100M, 200M broadband packages, router Gigabit port is required.
- Support MU-MIMO – significantly improve the wireless performance under multi-users, now new routers, I think it is necessary.
- Wireless dual-band, antenna at least 2×2 – anyway, you should not find a home router lower than this configuration.
- Support dual-band configuration- fully carry forward the advantages of 2.4G and 5G wireless frequency bands, and avoid their disadvantages.
Points to consider when buying a wireless router
Number of antennas
That is, 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, etc. marked in the product description. Based on meeting MU-MIMO, the larger the number, the better. Note: It meets MU-MIMO. If it is only MIMO, it is not recommended to buy a large number of blindly. If you do not have a wireless terminal device corresponding to the number of antennas, it basically does not work.
Because the design of most router products is modified based on the preset solutions provided by chip manufacturers, the functional homogeneity of routers of various brands is actually very high. The difference is mainly in product quality control, so if you are not a player, try to buy big mainstream brands, such as TP-LINK, Asus, Linksys, Netgear, Huawei, Tenda, Xiaomi and so on.
There are already some home routers for Wi-Fi 6. Wi-Fi 6 has a considerable performance improvement over Wi-Fi 5, but the current price is still relatively high. Users who like early adopters can consider it, provided that you have or will soon have wireless terminals such as wifi6 mobile phones, otherwise it is useless.
- According to your own budget, determine the number of antennas, whether it is 2×2, 3×3, or 4×4, so that you can filter out a bunch of them;
- Then according to your personal preferences, select the brand and chip solution from the sieved results, which is basically done.
Personally, I don’t need to worry too much about the brand. For example, I don’t care about the brand myself, but the chip solution does not accept MTK or Realtek. As long as you feel OK with the brand ‘s general impression, after-sales level, user interface/app operation convenience, etc., you can buy it. You can compare broadband deals at usave.co.uk.
Because most home routers are produced by foundries, if the chips are the same, the solutions are generally similar, and the differences are not too high. A small number of bad reviews are actually not relevant. The failure rate of network equipment products is generally not elevated. You can only say that you have bad luck when you buy inferior genuine products, but now you can usually return anyway. Try to buy from their official channels or stores.