Visual speaks louder than text. Many statistics showed that visual based campaigns perform better than text based ones. If you have to use texts on your campaign, you can combine them with some images to create a more attractive campaign tool. That’s often applied on a flyer.
You might think that creating an attractive flyer requires a good skill in design. Not entirely true. With the assist from simplified graphic design tool like Canva you can create a stunning flyer online even if you haven’t used graphic design tool like CorelDRAW before.
Canva provides you with plenty of ready-to-use templates you can apply on the flyer you are working. Best of all, you can use Canva for free though paid version is also available in case you need more features. In order before being able to create flyer online using Canva you are required to create an account first.
Here is how to use Canva to create flyer online.
- First and foremost, visit the official site of Canva. Click the Sign up with Email button to create a Canva account. Or, you can also login using either your Facebook or Google account.
- Fill all the required columns and click the Sign up button.
- Describe yourself by selecting one of the available professions. Or, if you prefer to hide your profession just select the None of the above applies link at the bottom of your screen.
- On the next step, click the Flyer option.
- Choose the type of the flyer you want to create. In this example I am going to create an event flyer. After selecting your option you will be brought to the working window of Canva. The interface of Canva is pretty clear and easy to understand. You won’t meet any serious problem.
- Canva has plenty of flyer layouts you can choose from. Some layouts require you to upgrade your free Canva account. Just select layouts labeled as “free”.
- All layouts let you to replace the default texts. Double click the text you want to replace and match it with your event.
- A toolbar menu will appear every time you double click a certain text on your flyer. You can take advantage of this menu to spice up your text like changing the font, changing the size of the font, changing the color of the font and lots more.
- Canva also lets you to add additional elements to the flyer you are working. The allowed elements include text, image and shape. Just select the element you want to add by clicking of the available the options on the left most sidebar.
Adding image to flyer
In order to make your flyer be more attractive you might want to add a or two images. There are four ways to add image in Canva: uploading from your computer, importing from your Facebook account, selecting from the purchased images and searching for free images on the internet. In this example I am going to use the last option.
- Click the UPLOADS option on the left most sidebar and type the keyword of the image you want to add on the available search box. Click one of the results to add it to your flyer.
Download your flyer
Once you done with the designing process and get satisfied with the result, you can download your finished design. Canva offers three file formats which you can choose: JPG, PNG and PDF.
- Click the Download menu at the top-right corner and select your preferred file format and click the Download button.
Canva also lets you save the flyer you are working. This option is pretty helpful if have limited time to finish a design.
- Just click the File menu at the top-left corner and select Save.
In order to continue your unfinished designs you can login to Canva dashboard and select the All your designs link.