Is your working Outlook OST file became orphaned? Struggling hard to tackle the situation? If yes, then don’t fret, you are in the correct place. In this post, I will mention the effective method & third-party reliable OST to PST converter tool that can help you to convert your orphaned OST file to a PST file to make it accessible again.
OST is a database file in Outlook that stores all the Outlook data, such as emails, contacts, notes, tasks, appointments, etc. in the offline mode when it’s not connected to Exchange Server. As soon as Outlook gets connected to the internet, all changes done in the offline mode will be synchronized automatically with the Exchange Server.
Although OST file is an excellent Outlook feature, but under various situations, OST file turns orphaned & becomes unusable which results in complete inaccessibility of OST file data.
Fortunately, there are some efficient ways available to recover orphaned OST file from Outlook without resetting your password. The possible ways are mentioned in this write-up.
Before proceeding with the methods, let’s know why the OST file becomes orphaned.
Reasons – Why Outlook OST File Becomes Orphaned?
Here are the common factors for orphaned Outlook OST files:
- When Exchange server crashes.
- Due to a hard disk failure.
- Bad sectors on a hard disk in which an Exchange server is actually located.
- Virus infection on Exchange Server database.
- Exceeding the file size of an OST file.
- Failure/malfunction of a caching controller.
- Hardware and software glitches.
Now, it’s time to know how to recover orphaned OST file using 2 workable methods.
How to Read the Orphaned Outlook OST File?
If you want to make your orphaned OST file accessible again, then you can re-establish the synchronization among the OST file & exchange server.
Follow the below step-by-step instructions to do so:
- Firstly, connect your Outlook with an original MAPI. (The MAPI is a protocol that lets users to access their mailbox via using an Outlook.
- Then, go to the EAC (Exchange Admin Center), and choose an email address that you wish to use in order to connect the MAPI to Microsoft Exchange Server. Then, you have to click on the Mailbox Features.
- After that, enable the POP3 if it’s disabled. In case, if it is disabled, then enable it. You have to do the same with MAPI and IMAP. You can see the below screenshot:
- Now, connect MAPI address to an original exchange server.
Please Note – This method is effective only if you’ve the original MAPI address. In case, if you don’t have an original MAPI address, don’t fret!!! You can convert orphaned Outlook OST file to PST file successfully with the help of the tool mentioned in the next section.
Addition Tips – How to Recreate OST File in Outlook 2019 and lower versions.
Use Stellar Converter for OST to Convert Orphaned OST File to PST Safely
Using sophisticated software known as Stellar Converter for OST, you can convert inaccessible or orphaned OST files into PST files successfully.
This OST converter is an advanced and easy-to-use tool that can easily convert every mailbox element, including emails, contacts, calendars, attachments, and more with 100% accuracy. Moreover, it not only converts OST to PST but also converts OST to other formats such as MSG, EML, PDF, HTML, etc.
Below you can find other igneous features of this program:
- Easily converts encrypted, orphaned, or inaccessible OST into PST format.
- Exports the OST data directly to MS Office 365 and Live Exchange.
- Splits & compacts oversized PST files
- It can convert ost to pst file with 100% precision & guarantees data integrity.
- Converts 20 emails in each folder for free.
- Supports Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, & older versions.
So, just download this feature-loaded tool on your PC to perform orphaned OST recovery.
Follow the Steps to Know How to Use Stellar OST Converter Software:
Step 1 – Install & launch the Stellar Converter for OST on your system.
Step 2 – Then, click on Browse option in “Select OST file for conversion” dialog box & enter the orphaned OST file location.
In case, if you don’t know the location, then click on the Find option to search the file.
Step 3 – After that, click on Convert option once you have located the OST file.
Step 4 – Now, the program will initiate the scanning process. When the process gets over, it will display the preview of all mailbox items within OST file.
Step 5 – Choose the item(s) that you need to convert in a preview pane.
Step 6 – Go to a File menu >> click on the “Save Converted File” option.
Step 7 – At this time, choose PST format from various options in the Save As window.
Step 8 – Now, click on Browse option to choose the location where you wish to save a converted file.
Step 9 – Finally, click on OK.
This will automatically save the converted file to the chosen location.
Above, I have discussed both the manual as well as automatic ways to convert orphaned OST file to PST file. All you need to do is to apply them and recover orphaned OST file with ease.
However, for instant and safe OST to PST conversion, it is recommended to go for an automatic solution – Stellar Converter for OST tool.
Thanks for reading!