The bookmark feature of web browser is really helpful to ensure you are not losing any interesting web page. Nearly all modern web browsers come with a bookmark manager to allow manage bookmarks. Another use of bookmark manager is to help you make a switch from a certain web browser to another one, including from Firefox to Chrome.
Regardless your reason to leave Firefox for Chrome, you can export all of the bookmarks you have on Firefox and import them to Chrome.
This article will show you how to import bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome.
Step 1: export bookmarks on Firefox
The first step to do if you want to make a switch from Firefox to Chrome is by exporting the bookmarks you have on Firefox. Here is how.
- Launch your Firefox and click the Bookmarks menu and select Show All Bookmarks.
- On the bookmark manager window, click the Import and Backup menu and select Export Bookmarks to HTML.
Save the bookmarks file. You will need it on the step 2 below.
Step 2: import the Firefox bookmarks to Chrome
Once you exported the bookmarks you have on Firefox, you can then import them on Chrome.
- Launch your Chrome and click the Chrome menu (three-dot icon at the left-most). Select Bookmarks –> Bookmark manager.
- Click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner and select Import Bookmarks.
- Select the HTML file of the Firefox bookmarks you have exported from the step 1 above and click the Open button.