Evernote has a very good reputation as a cross-platform note-taking app. It is one of the most popular note-taking apps, if note the most popular one. Evernote itself is a freemium app which means you can use it for free although you have to work with some restriction here and there.
Previously, Evernote users with free account was able to access their Evernote notes from any device, until that change came. Free Evernote account now can only sync notes to two devices, no more. This is obviously a bad news if you frequently use different devices on your daily basis (assuming that you stick to free Evernote account). Due to this reason you probably want to switch away from Evernote. If so, Zoho Notebook can be a great alternative.
Zoho Notebook is a note-taking app similar to Evernote. The biggest difference is, Zoho Notebook is completely free and it comes with a nice note organizer. Just like Evernote, you can create notebooks to put together notes with the same topics. In Zoho Notebook, each notebook can have a different cover and you can also protect it with a password. If you have plenty of notebooks, you as if have a virtual bookshelf.
The note-taking app of Zoho Notebook is a bit similar to Google Keep. When taking a new note you can set the different color on each note you take.
Starting to migrate from Evernote to Zoho Notebook
If you start interested to Zoho Notebook and want to migrate from Evernote to it. Here is how.
- Assuming that you have had a Zoho account, visit the website of Zoho Notebook and login with your account. If you have no Zoho account yet, click the Sign Up Now link to create one.
- Once successfully login to Zoho Notebook, click the Settings menu. Scroll down to the Migration section and select Migrate from Evernote.
- You will be redirected to the migration page. Click the Migrate from Evernote button.
- On the next page, click the Start Migration button.
- You will be asked to login to Evernote using your account. Just login to continue the migration process.
- You need to give Zoho Notebook an authorization to access your Evernote account first to continue. Simply click the Authorize button to continue.
You will not instantly get your Evernote notes on Zoho Notebook once you done with the steps above. You need to wait until Zoho get its job done. Zoho will send you an email once everything is done. To ensure the migration process is running, check your email (the one registered to Evernote) and you should get an email from Evernote stating that Zoho has been granted access to your Evernote account.
In my case, it takes about 20 minutes to migrate 334 notes. Just be patient.