Wunderlist was a popular to-do list app until Microsoft decided to discontinue it to focus on a newly developed app called Microsoft To-Do. At the time of writing you still be able to use Wunderlist like usual, but sooner or later you won’t be able to access your Wunderlist account anymore once Microsoft completely shutting it down.
In the meantime, Microsoft is encouraging the Wunderlist users to make a migration to Microsoft To-Do by offering an importer tool to take the lists and to-dos you have on Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do. This importer can also be used to import lists and to-dost from Todoist.
Microsoft To-Do is basically not far different to Wunderlist as it is developed by the same team as Wunderlist. It is also a very simple to-do app with minimum features. Unlike similar apps like Todoist, Microsoft To-Do doesn’t come with complex features. It’s a purely to-do app instead of task management app. In addition to web, Microsoft To-Do is also available for iPhone, Android and Windows 10.
If you still on Wunderlist and want to migrate to Microsoft To-Do, here is how.
- Visit the Microsoft To-Do site and login with your account. If you don’t have one yet, click the Sign up link to create an account.
- Click your name at the top-left corner and select Import.
- On the next page, click the Start importing button.
- You will be asked to re-login. Just select your account to do it.
- You will be asked to make a confirmation to allow the Microsoft To-Do importer accessing your info. Just click the Yes button to continue.
- On the next page, you will be questioned which to-do app are you using. Just select Wunderlist.
- You will be asked to authorize Microsoft To-Do Importer to access your Wunderlist account. Just click the Authorize button.
- Select the lists you want to export and click the Import selected button. If you want to import all list, just select the Select all option.
- On the next page, you will be asked how do you want subtasks imported. Select your option and click the Start importing button.
- Wait a moment until Microsoft To-Do Importer finish its job. Once done, return to Microsoft To-Do and you should see your Wunderlist lists and to-dos on Microsoft To-Do.