Content is the king.
This phrase often comes into the limelight whenever a business thinks of achieving its goals. Isn’t it? And when it comes to increasing SEO value, marketers primarily focus on two forms of strategies that still hold importance. These are onsite and offsite content.
In fact, as per a study, more than 70% of marketers believe that irrespective of the type of content form, it’s the quality that ensures success. Again, more than 50% of marketers believe that content distribution enables them to garner the proper traction and results.
While both the onsite and offsite content forms have their own merits, you need to determine the best approach to ensure business success.
Onsite Content Approach
The first thing that lures a customer towards your brand is the website. While you need to take care of all the SEO specifics for an impeccable user experience, it’s the content that makes them stick around.
So, how can you get started with an onsite content approach?
Experts suggest that including help pages, how-to guides, and FAQs is a great way to stand out from the competition. Besides these options, you must regularly update your website with blog posts relevant to your business.
The reason being Google and search engines often favor up-to-date content or what we call “fresh content.” So, if you do so, your chances of ranking higher based on the signal called Query Deserves Freshness (QDF) multiplies. Thus, boosting your search engine rankings.
This is what you must do.
- Research and generate topics using Google trends, content curation tools, or Ubersuggest.
- Regularly perform keyword research to identify the content gaps.
- Constantly keep adding information to your old content.
Offsite Content Approach
Usually, everyone thinks that the true purpose of creating offsite content is for link building alone. Well, that might be the case. But the idea is to make customers inform about the business through stories that entertain and provide solutions to the customers’ pain points.
Experts suggest content creation for multiple marketing channels to expand your reach. Here are some ways that will help you boost your rankings in terms of credibility as a brand.
- Share your content using social media channels. However, you need to understand that if you don’t indulge in posting content on the proper channels, it won’t be helpful at all. Also, timing plays an important part when using social media channels. Further, research the trending hashtags for your industry to increase the chances of higher traction further.
- You can also reach out to bloggers or other influencers for guest posting. This will help you market your brand most organically.
The choice of content entirely depends on the aim or goal of your business. So, you need to understand the difference between the two and what you can achieve using these content forms.
But remember, you can’t win using a single strategy. Moreover, knowing your target audience and the market is the key to implementing an effective content strategy. Ideally, combining both the onsite and offsite content strategies will enable you to enhance the value of SEO.