Over time, even reliable and trustworthy devices like Mac computers can become slower due to the hard disk overloading. Thousands of files can be saved on the device, but you do not use these documents at all, or even don’t know they exist! Of course, every Mac user wants to keep their computer in tip-top condition with the highest performance, but it’s quite important to take care of your device and clean it up regularly. This will help your computer to work fast and keep you in a good mood during work. In this article, we have prepared some useful suggestions on cleaning up the Mac effectively without wasting your time and nerves.
To clean your device, you can use manual cleaning or automatic cleaning. In the first variant, it needs more time and attention from you, and the second variant means downloading and installing special software for automatic scanning and cleaning your device. The choice is yours. Below, you can find some useful tips on cleaning up the device manually.
1. Keep about 15-20% of space on your hard drive free. This is a rule you should remember because when your computer has too little space on the drive, it starts to work slowly, and of course, it affects you, especially when you need to do something super-fast. Do not forget to delete unused and unnecessary files from time to time to keep the Mac on its highest level of performance.
2. Remove unnecessary applications from the computer. We suggest viewing all apps on the Mac and deleting those you do not use at all. The thing is such apps take space on the device and make it work slower. Sometimes, unused apps can run during startup, and needless to say, it also doesn’t help your device to work faster.
3. Remove duplicate documents. Every user has piles of duplicated photos and other files on their computers but they may not suspect how it affects the device’s performance. You need to spend your time to find and delete duplicate files, but it will help your computer to be in tip-top shape!
4. Get rid of cache files regularly. Over time, these files are saved on your device when you are surfing the Internet. Do not forget to delete the cache because it will also help to increase the productivity of the Mac.
5. Install all the needed updates on time. Mac computers suggest installing new updates automatically. Do not ignore these alerts and install the updates on time. This will help you to keep your device in perfect condition as well as protect it from errors and viruses.
6. Clean Mac’s desktop. Some users always have a pile of icons on their computer’s desktop. This is a bad habit because having so many files eats up the device’s RAM and decreases its performance. Keep only the most important files on the desktop and remove all unnecessary documents.
It’s easy to keep your device working fast with these simple but very effective hints. If you need more Mac cleaning steps, keep reading to get useful tips on increasing your device’s performance. Remember that your computer’s shape depends only on you!