A data specialist as we know is a person who has to collect versatile information and collates it electronically. Then he has to convert all such information into a useful format and share these different findings with the relevant stakeholders. A data specialist is also required to show a broad range of technical skills that can help to extract, process, and analyze the data more efficiently. Developing data specialist skills with DOMO business intelligence tool can be very helpful. Moreover, a data specialist needs to possess strong business acumen along with meticulous communication skills.
Data Specialist Job Roles:
Data specialist has a variety of roles and responsibilities which are discussed below;
- He has to conduct a very meticulous and thorough data analysis of the information for his clients.
- Next, he has to create and implement a digital conversion program that matches his client’s needs.
- Similarly, it is a data specialist’s job to make sure that the system is installed and data collection software is maintained, and working flawlessly.
- Then he has to verify and extract data from hardcopy. Data from different digital sources if available is also extracted by the data specialist.
- Going further, he has to import and transfer data to maintain a secure central database.
- He then has to perform data integrity and quality audits on a regular basis.
- Moreover it is a data specialist’s job to create and submit data collection reports.
- If any kind of information storage issues occurs then it is his job to troubleshoot.
- It is his job to guide the staff and provide them proper training on data storage or retrieval process.
Data Specialist Market Trends:
Below you can find details of the data specialist market trends;
- As we all know the data industry has managed to become one of the fastest growing areas of IT and thus it wouldn’t be a surprise if we come to know the global market for data will reach $86.1 billion by the end of 2024.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (USA), the demand for data specialists is ranked as one of the 20 fastest-growing specialties.
- Similarly, the total number of data specialists in the EU is expected to increase by 41% from the year 2019 to 2025.
Data Specialist Salary Statistics:
Below are the details of the data specialist salary statistics.
Average Data Specialist Salary (As a Whole):
The average annual salary of a data specialist is around $74,000.
Salary Statistics Based on States:
We thought why not give you a clear picture of the salary statistics of data specialist in different states of the US.
|State||Average salary||Per hour rate|
|District of Columbia||$76,886||$36.96|
Salary Statistics Based on Countries:
Here are the salary statistics of the data specialist in different major countries.
In America, a data specialist can make around $54867 annually.
The average annual salary of a data specialist in Canada is $60027.
In England, if you are working as a data specialist, then you can expect to make an average annual salary of £39977.
In India, a data specialist can make around ₹637,500.
Salary Statistics Based on Companies:
In this section, we shall discuss salary statistics of a data specialist in different major companies. Note that the names of the companies are ranked on the basis of highest salary.
|Rank||Company||Zippia Score||Average data specialist salary|
|6||Sprague Operating Resources||4.2||$124,016|
As you can see from the above table, the company paying the highest to a data specialist is Airbnb and then comes Uber, and so on.
Salary Statistics Based on Different job Titles:
A data specialist has different job titles and the salary range depends on the given job title. So, below you can find the salary range of a data specialist based on different job titles.
|Job Title||Average Salary||Job Openings|
|Data entry specialist||$28,037||81,561|
|Data entry associate||$34,155||58,229|
A data specialist as you can see from the above salary starts and market trends is quite in demand, and can earn well in different states and countries as well. So, if you are planning to become a data specialist then we can say this field is a good option to pursue.
Note: All the statistical data that you may find in this article has been researched and collected by different authentic sources.