Each business, notwithstanding of extent, requires software to control data, enhance consumer assistance and enhance internal rules. Many marketplaces give our customers a dizzying display of bespoke software development services.
What is Bespoke Software?
Bespoke software solutions, built from scratch for the wants of a special business, are constantly individual and specific. They conform to existing business processes and admit for the rapid implementation of new ones. There are no analogs in this situation. Their interface is created especially for employees and customers of that particular company. All specific software purposes and instruments are used to their whole range, % of capacity – nothing superfluous, only useful, even in travel software. Of course, such software, made to order, enables you to operate as efficiently as possible.
Bespoke software development provides full administration over any moves and complete freedom from third parties. Many corporations customize everything for themselves, such as:
Pluses of Bespoke Software Development
Here we consider the pluses of bespoke software development. They are:
- You will get a system created specifically for the needs of your company, taking into account the specifics of the organization of your business.
- Experience in creating information systems for industrial enterprises and service and trade organizations will help us to create an information system that will best adjust the processes of your company.
- Your developers will be able to provide quality support for the implemented system, as the source code of all system components is open. You will be able not only to supplement, but also to change the system without involving the company-developer.
- Documentation, both production and user documentation, is always released.
- Cost estimates are made separately for each module of the system, usually after development of the production documentation. The risk of wasting a significant amount of money in vain is minimal.
- In the process of implementing the information system, a system of access control is set up. Information is protected against unauthorized access and loss of information.
Cons of Bespoke Software Development
Here we look at the cons of bespoke software development. They are:
- The term of building of the complete system is unknown in advance, since the set of system modules and functionality of the modules is determined by the Customer himself as the system is being increased. For the successful completion of the work, the active participation of an employee of your company, authorized to solve arising issues and make responsible decisions, is required at the stages of defining requirements and agreeing on versions and documents.
- In case your developers do not have necessary qualification, the change of the system code by their own efforts may cause errors. The problem is solved by administrative methods.
- Full documentation is released after trial operation, when all corrections and additions are made to the system.
- The total cost of the system depends only on the Customer’s appetite for a set of system modules to be developed.
- Active participation of your employees (both performers and managers) in meetings with our staff will be required.
- Description of functionality of the future information system is made by our staff on the basis of the information obtained during the interviewing of your employees and managers, as well as on the basis of the information obtained by our staff from the specialized documents of your enterprise.