A good project management tool is one that improves the quality and speed of task execution in your firm. These tools have certain features that make them very important for day-to-day business activities. With a project management tool, you can plan, document, collaborate and evaluate. It allows you to organize tasks, subtasks, folders, workflows as well as templates.
You can also organize dashboards, assign tasks as well as comment on the progress of tasks. Files and documents are stored safely as well while being very easy to edit. All of these functions are much needed in every top organization. This is why you need a good management tool, and according to the guys running the show on https://bestybesty.com, the one that stands out among the rest is Asana.
What Is Asana?
Asana is a simple project management tool, which allows you to carry out tasks with ease. These tasks include documentation, planning as well as evaluation within a firm. It is one of the best management tools around, and you will discover why in the remaining parts of this article.
All You Need To Know About Asana
Asana is very easy to use, as it has a user-friendly interface. The user-friendly interface ensures that users require a short time to understand how the tool works and how to navigate its interface. It comes in both web versions and as an application, you can, therefore, utilize its use on your Smartphone or a personal computer. Asana saves files automatically, responds quickly when in use as well as taking input very quickly. These are some of the basic things you need in a project management tool.
Three Shells of Asana
The Asana application is broken down into three shells with each one, a subset of the other. This classification allows for easier execution of tasks. These shells are teams, projects, and tasks.
- Teams: Teams which can also be referred to as workspaces, refers to the grouping of staff members into groups. These teams are similar to the different departments in an organization. You, therefore, have teams such as the marketing team, sales team, accounting team, design team, web development team, and also customer service team. While every member of the firm should belong to a team, some individuals with overlapping duties may be part of multiple teams.
- Projects: Within each team are projects. These projects are the structured goals that a team must achieve per time. Each team has its duties within an organization, and this makes up the projects.
- Tasks: Within a project are the tasks which it is broken down into. To complete a project, it is shared into simple assignments for different members of the team. Tasks are allocated to certain members with the requirements of the task clearly defined. Deadlines are also stated. A sub-task can also exist within a task, to increase speed and efficiency. The best feature of Tasks is the comment feature which is used for communication. The comment section allows members of a team discussion on the progress of a task. This feature also eliminates the need for emails, while keeping previous messages in one place. You can add a link to different tasks, tag people to a certain message, as well as like messages (with the heart icon) all in the comment section.
Why You Should Use Asana
Asana gives your business many advantages which give you an edge over the competition. Some of these advantages include, but are not limited to the following:
- Improved General Management: With Asana, there is an improvement in the general management of tasks, as all teams have their projects and tasks on a single platform. This saves you from the stress of emails and personal messages which could be lost at any point. The time that the tasks were assigned, to whom it was assigned, the expected date of completion of such tasks, as well as all comments concerning the tasks are recorded. This helps you to keep a keen eye on the progress of company projects.
- Improved Work Efficiency: It is one thing to work hard around the clock, and it is another thing to be efficient. With Asana, you can get work done faster while utilizing your time and workforce. Your task list can be changed in their order of priority, while the task class can be changed as well. The due date can also be altered in the case of situation changes. Tasks can also be grouped into a clearly defined project to minimize overlapping functions. The comment feature in the Tasks section also allows you to keep an eye on the progress being made by each team, ensuring that everyone is on track and up to speed.
- Better Collaboration: With Asana, you can be assured of better and more productive collaborations within your workforce. Members can be added to the relevant teams, where the projects can be broken down into simple tasks. Members of a team can also suggest ideas as well as give feedback on progress made using the comment feature. You no longer need to have physical meetings frequently, as members can converse on the platform.
With these advantages, it is very easy for you to make well-informed decisions quickly as the whole team stays on the same page through quality communication. Accountability also comes to stay, as everyone knows their tasks and are obligated to deliver as at when due.
While many may think it is hard to make a switch from emails and physical meetings, Asana makes this very easy. The user-friendly interface allows you to catch on fast, giving you all the advantages which the platforms above do not afford you.
Its unique features set it apart from other project management tools and you can be sure to see an improvement in operations when you switch to this platform. It is easy to set up and requires no special payment; all you need is a good internet connection. Asana is just what you need to take your firm to the next level.