Are you an e-Learning professional? Do you need a screen recorder for Windows 10 for your training courses? Or are you looking for software to make a vlog on YouTube and show your audience how to use specific software?
Then you’re in the right place. This article will explain how to screencast and which tool you can use for this. We’ll also describe what factors should be considered before recording.
Why will You Need to Record Screen for Windows 10
Screencasting is a video recording that captures the activities that happen on screen. It is also called screen recording. Screen capturing consists of many objects like text, images, audio, and mouse movements.
You can make instructional videos to demonstrate a process shown on the screen for your audience. You’ll need screencasting for a different purpose. Such as:
To carry out job duties, managers can demonstrate how to use specific software to their employees. Such as a video guide on using Microsoft excel or recording any tutorial to make them better understand the work.
Children learn fast through practice and discussion, which has become difficult due to a shortage of time. But, screencasting can solve your problem.
It helps teachers save more time on discussion and introducing the topic in the classroom. Through this, you can invest more time in practice.
For example, if you’re a teacher, you can record your screen while explaining how to solve math questions and share that captured content with students so that they can watch it before coming to class.
- Software Development Companies:
Screencasting is beneficial for organizations that produce software and offer a web service. They can make tutorials on using their tool and teach new workers.
You can make tutorials and instructional videos to share knowledge with the audience. Skillful editors, users of Microsoft excel, vloggers, and other software experts can capture a screen and upload it to YouTube.
If you’re a gamer and want to show your gameplay to the world, screencasting is helpful for you. Record your game and upload it to any social site such as YouTube.
This way, you can get feedback on your skills and teach peers to improve their performance.
Besides these, you can also record any bug/lag on your screen and send it to anyone to solve your problem.
Now you’ll be thinking, how can you record your screen? Let’s get straight to that part.
How to Create a Screencast
Whether you’re creating a screencast for the classroom, an online course, a gaming video, or a YouTube tutorial, here is the guideline you need to follow.
Step 1. Make a Plan and Write a Script
Making a plan is something you need to do before doing anything so that everything works in an organized way. To attract and engage the audience, you’ve only 10 seconds.
This step is very crucial. From the beginning of the video, viewers should understand that this screen recording is what they need now.
To captivate your audience right away, plan your video, which is a structure for a future tutorial. Such as:
- Where to start
- What to show in the middle
- How to end
Write a script because this will help you to:
- Make Your Screencast More Succinct
Avoid adding unnecessary information or points that are irrelevant to the subject. The script will help you to stay on topic.
- Think About Some Talking Points and Tips
It will make the video more helpful. Think about it from the viewer’s perspective; why are they learning? What issue needs to be resolved? And then tell them what they need to do.
- Figure Out what You Should Show
Firstly, think about what you’re up to? If you want to describe everything that happens on your screen, you should use voiceover.
Through this, your content will become more engaging and effective. You can also highlight key points with text and graphics.
- Avoid Unnecessary Pauses
While recording, avoid unnecessary pauses. It will distract the viewer. Remember the script thoroughly, and then start recording.
- Reduce the Time for Video Editing
After preparing the script, you’ll not have to cut out unnecessary information. Scriptwriting will reduce the time for editing.
Writing a script is so easy. You need to draw the viewer’s attention in the first moments and give them a reason to watch what you have created.
Start the video with the statement about the goal and provide a plan for your tutorial. It will help the viewer to understand what’s in the video.
After planning and writing the script, let’s move on to the second step.
Step 2. Choose Microphone and Webcam
To record voice, a headset or built-in laptop microphones are imperfect tools. Unwanted sounds such as crackling and echoing may appear in the recording, which causes disruption.
A separate microphone is necessary for making a screencast. But, there is a different types of devices.
- Dynamic Mics:
Such types of mic block out background noises and room echo as well. These are used in concerts by the musician.
- Condenser Mics:
Contrary to the dynamic mics, they catch even the clock’s ticking. But you can achieve a decent sound using this device because it records your voice in complete silence.
Such mics are used at radio stations.
- XLR Mics:
These are high sound quality, but they need a special adapter or external card to connect to a computer. It would help if you bought it separately along with the mic.
- USB Mics:
You can plug USB mics into a USB port on the computer, which is more accessible than other mics. However, their sound quality is worse than XLR devices.
Step 3. Start Recording and Editing Video
In addition to the microphone and Webcam, you will need a tool to record the video. There is tons of screen recording and editing software out there. But, it must be a difficult task for anyone to find a reliable one.
Wondershare DemoCreator is a free video capture software, and also a video editing tool. You don’t have to download separate software for editing and recording.
It is a screencasting tool that allows you to record the screen, edit it and then export it to friends and social media. It is a free and web-based software that offers multiple features.
Features of DemoCreator:
- It allows you to record your video with a camera and WebcamWebcam.
- You can present virtually by adding the avatar
- It enables you to remove unwanted sound
- You can control the speed of the video; increase or decrease it.
- DemoCreator allows you to export video in multiple formats such as MP4, MP3, AVI, MOV, etc.
- It offers you to capture your content through green screen technology.
- It also allows you to record with a drawing tool.
- You can highlight some critical points through the spotlight.
- It allows you to record more than one screen simultaneously
- You can also add a voiceover to your content.
- To make your content entertaining and exciting, you can add stickers.
- It allows you to add transitions to make your creativity natural.
- To better understand the audience, you can also add the annotation.
How to Record a Screencast in DemoCreator
To record a screencast in DemoCreator, you need to
- Download the software:
- Go to DemoCreator official website.
- Click on “Free download.”
- After downloading, install it.
- Then open DemoCreator.
- A pop-up window will appear.
- Start a Record Project
- Click on “Start a recording project.”
- You can also select “Virtual Human” and “Record game.”
- A window will appear.
1. How to Set Screen Region, Audio, and Video and Start Recording
- Go to “Capture Area”
- Click on the cursor.
- Drag to adjust the recording area
- To set the screen region, click on “Custom area.”
2. How to Eedit a Video with the Caption, Sticker, and Annotation
After your recording is done, it will be automatically uploaded to the editor interface.
The video should be compelling to attract the audience. You can make the video enjoyable by using multiple features of DemoCreator.
The editor interface of DemoCreator consists of 4 operating areas.
Media library: where you can import images and videos from your Pc.
Timeline: Where you can drag videos/images from the media library and drop it to cut, trim and split.
Preview window: where you can view the changes in the video. You can also take snapshots.
Properties window: You can also change volume and denoise the content.
- For this, click on “Caption” above the media library.
- You will see many options, such as
- Lower third
- End Credit
- To add stickers, you need to click on “Stickers.”
- There will be many categories that you can add according to your content
- To demonstrate in a better way, you can also add an annotation.
- For this, Click on “Annotation”
There will be many options, such as
3. How to Add Transition
To give a natural look to your content, DemoCreator allows you to add a transition.
- For this, Click on “Transition”
- Select one from the given options relevant to your video.
- Speed blur
4. How to Export Video
After editing, now it’s time to send to your friends and upload it to social media.
- For this, click on the “Export” top right corner of the editor interface.
- After that, a window will appear.
- Choose the
- Project name
- After adjusting settings, click on export.
You can upload your created content directly to YouTube.
- Click on the “Export”
- Select “YouTube”
- Sign in to continue.
Buy a subscription to remove the watermark.
- Offer multiple formats
- Record screen with camera and microphone
- Web-based software
- Free updates
- Multiple features
- No need to learn skills
- To use more features, you’ll have to buy its subscription.
Screencasting has made our digital life easy. You can record whatever happens on your screen in just a few clicks and send it to anyone.
Most people use video marketing to increase their business. Video marketing strategy has increased internet traffic.
People prefer visualization to read. The audience attracts more toward effective and exciting content. Whether instructional, promotional, tutorial, gaming, or testimonial, you can make any video.