If you are a graphic designer and are using an iPad, then it is needless to say that you would be creating your drawings in Procreate. However, what alternative does a non-iPad graphic designer have? Well, there are some alternatives for designers working on Windows platform, that gives you an experience similar to Procreate. We have compiled a list of 7 drawing & sketching platforms that are compatible with Windows.
1. Corel Painter
If you are an advanced level of digital drawing creator, then you will like working with Corel Painter. This is a great alternative for Procreate, for Windows 10. Corel Painter has all kinds of graphic tools that a pro in this field can need; just to give you a hint about this software, it contains more than 900 kinds of brushes. Some of the other features of this platform is that it contains thick paintbrushes, pattern pens, usable particles, etc. If you are a beginner, you can go through the library of videos and get yourself acquainted with the platform.
- A platform that supports beginners and pros of this field
- The platform comes packed with features and tools
- It comes with extension support
2. Clip Studio Paint
When we work with Procreate, it gives a sense of working with natural brushes; you get the same drawing experience with Clip Studio Paint. The brush engine that is available with this drawing platform, ensures that you are able to create your artwork with utmost precision. If you have your own style of drawing that needs special tools, then you can also personalize your drawing tools to create the art you want.
- Comes with a wide range of brushes (has one of the largest brushes libraries)
- It enables cross-device syncing
- Has a light-weight feel to it. If you are planning to buy the Clip Studio Paint, use the discount voucher at checkout to get discount.
3. Autodesk Sketchbook
This is quite a popular digital drawing software and is one of the best alternatives to Procreate which works on iOS and iPadOS. It is quite easy to start your work on this software; all you need to do is sign-up for the account with Sketchbook, without paying anything upfront.
- It runs well on full-screen and provides a big-sized canvas to work on
- There are multiple layers and a plethora of tools to work with
- You can work with 3rd party stylus, on this platform
- Comes with palm rejection feature
- It is easy to use but you will need to learn the tricks of using this platform
This is a good alternative for professionals working in the field of conceptual art, illustration designing and comics. Often, you will find updates for the platform which will smoothen out the way you work on this platform. This is known to be one of the best apps in the Linux system.
- This platform is available for free and you can download it from open source
- This platform supports raster graphics
- You can work on advance layers on Krita
5. Adobe Illustrator
When we are talking about graphic designing, we cannot not take the name of Adobe Illustrator. This platform comes loaded with rich designing features. This software has one of the best user interfaces and has intuitive controls. This software is known especially for vector graphic designing but then you can also work with rasterization. In short, this platform is good for creating logos, icons, billboards, and book illustrations.
- This platform comes with access to gorgeous typography
- You can use freehand drawing tools to create your kind of design
- You get access to a magnanimous library of digital assets
This software has a lot of in-built tools that you can use to create your drawings. One of the best parts about this platform is that it helps you create more realistic designs. If you are a beginner, then this digital drawing platform will suit you the best. Some of the features for which you can buy this software are, customizable brushes, tracing, & smearing.
- It has simple controls and user interface that suits the beginner level artists
- Right from correctly designed pencils to paint brushes, you will get it all with ArtRage, to create impressive sketches.
- You can fine-tune various drawing tools features on the platform, to create drawings with more flexibility
If you want same kind of touchscreen drawing creating feel as procreate, then you can go for Concepts. This platform is designed specially to work with surface pen and you can use any stylus that you have, on this platform. While using the stylus, you can also opt for palm rejection feature for smoothening out the art creation process. This platform comes with a lot of pencils, pens, brushes, etc. and a large sized canvas. You can also browse through different kinds of canvas featured on this platform and create your art, on your choice of background texture.
- Comes with velocity feature that helps in smooth creation of sketches & drawings
- Comes with colour dial feature
- With Concepts, there will be almost no latency while you work