If you are hobby to blogging, the name of WordPress and Tumblr must be familiar. The two are most favorite blogging platforms widely used by bloggers.
It’s seems like unfair to compare the two platform as they have each own pluses and minuses. And yes, they also have countless loyal users. WordPress is basically older than Tumblr and you have probably been using this platform for years.
For a reason, you may want to switch from WordPress to Tumblr and expect to have all of your WordPress posts on Tumblr. Unlike WordPress, Tumblr doesn’t offer a built in tool to allow us importing posts from other platform. Likely, there some third party sources that we can use to do this.
This article will show you how to export you valuable WordPress posts to Tumblr.
Before we get started, be sure you’ve created a Tumblr account.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. You can both export your self-hosted WordPress or a free WordPress on wordpress.com.
- Choose Tools –> Export from the sidebar menu. You will be directed to the export menu. On this page, you can export the whole content — including post, images — or rather to export article or media only. You can also set the custom date of the content you want to export. If you want to export the whole content, just choose All content and hit the Download Export File button.
- Wait for a moment until your file is completely exported. Once the process is done it will be download automatically and you should see a xml file like “something.wordpress.2017-01-13.xml”.
- We are going to use a third party app called wp2tumblr. Just visit the wp2tumblr and login with your Tumblr account by clicking the Connect to Tumblr button.
- Click on the Tumblr username link to start exporting and choose the xml file of your WordPress and click the Summit button. Done!. The importing process will take some seconds or minutes.