Last updated: March 23, 2017
WordPress is the most-used content management system, while Instagram — as we know — is the most popular photo sharing service with more than 500 million active users. Bloggers often combine the two to gain a personal branding on the internet by adding Instagram gallery to the WordPress based blog
Adding Instagram gallery to WordPress is not too hard. You can do it easily using a proper plugin called Instagram Feed WD. Of course, no programming skill required here. The plugin will display Instagram gallery from a specific user or hashtag in a new page or blog post, instead of sidebar. Follow the step below to use the plugin
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and head to “Plugins –> Add New”. Type the “Instagram Feed WD” on the search field and press the “Install Now” button next to the plugin icon.
- Once installed, activate the plugin immediately to start using it. Once you done, you will have a new icon in the WordPress menu
- Head to “Instagram Feed WD –> Settings” to get started and press the “Sign in with Instagram” button to get access token. Press the “Save Changes” button
- Head to “Instagram Feed WD –> Feed” to create an Instagram feed. Press the “Add new” button to do it. You will be asked to fill some parameters. Type the name of your new feed in the “Feed name” field. While in the “Feed Usernames and Hashtags” field you can type your Instagram username or any hashtag, depend on what image you want to add. You can also set some settings like the number of photos to display and the number of columns on your gallery. Once you done, press the Apply button in the bottom
- Create a new page or post and you will see a new “Add Instagram Fee” button next to “Add Media” button on your WordPress editor. Press the button to add a new feed and select the feeds you have created. Click the “Insert” button
- Publish the post or page and voila!. You will see what you want.
- In order to get the most out of Instagram Feed WD you can pay the pro version as the free version didn’t allow you to customize the theme