Presently, WordPress is one of the most known Content Management Systems (CMS). This software can be used for creating blogs, online stores, landing pages, corporate websites, and so on. Many developers favor WordPress because of its precise functionality and a broad set of plugins. It is user-friendly and easy to install. So, this makes it a great software product.
The number of websites created using WordPress is growing, and, therefore, the demand for more WordPress developers is increasing. While some think that the primary benefit of working with this platform is its simplicity and convenience, others are in search of better ways to develop a website.
Rookie designers often search for information on the Internet — they ask for ideas and practical experience in the creation of WordPress websites. This article will pay attention to the essential aspects that beginners should take into account before starting to work on this platform.
1. Avoid downloading both templates and plugins from suspicious resources, especially if you are offered a paid template for free. It is better to buy an inexpensive design on
ThemeForest than to clean your website from malicious viruses and its consequences all the time. In the same way, you can order a cheap essay here: https://www.buy-cheapessay.com/buy-argumentative-essay
Wares resources usually offer old versions of templates with glitches and errors. In addition, you can get hostile code injected into the structure of your site. Even worse is when a customer gives a link to a free template posted on a website.
If somebody offers a template for free, do not be lazy and find the website of the developer or look for it in the WordPress themes and download a clean version from a reliable source. The engine is better to download on the official WordPress webpage.
2. Before working with someone else’s website, do a full backup of files and the database. The reserve will not be superfluous when working with your site if you are planning on making any serious changes. In nine out of ten cases, this procedure is useless. However, if that one often occurs and the website crashes after updating plugins or a template, you will be glad the backup has been created in advance.
3. Do not update the engine and plugins if you have not been asked to do it. Some inept webmasters could end up making edits directly into the engine, plugins, or initial templates. You may wish to update all the plugins and drivers, but do it only if you were asked. If you really want to, offer the customer to do this and do not forget to backup data before upgrading.
4. If you give access to an outsourcing developer, then after finishing work, change the password or delete the user ID of that specialist. Some developers can use access to particular websites for their personal gain.
5. In the settings, delete unused fields or data so that the administrator will not have questions about why the phone number from the header is indicated in five different sections of the admin panel. At the same time, it cannot be changed in any of them. It turns out that the programmer did not find these fields in the admin panel and just cut out the phone from the code and entered it there statically. It is not advisable to do this.
7. All in all, there is nothing wrong with using plugins. Many developers like to use different parts of the code instead of some plugins, but this is fraught with difficulties when changing the template. However, you shouldn’t get carried away too much. It is better to install a necessary package and delete all turned off plugins — they don’t cost anything, but are useless for keeping order and cleanliness.
8. Visit themed conferences WordCamp. It is an opportunity to gain new experience not only for those who are interested in developing websites using WordPress but also for those who want to build their own business. These conferences are beneficial, and a lot of evidence supports this, for example:
- You will meet specialists who have similar interests and who wish to develop in the same direction as you;
- You will acquire new knowledge from more experienced professionals;
- You will be able to improve your speaking skills if you want to speak to the public;
- You can get useful tips for working on your project or writing code. You might get answers to any questions you may have regarding WordPress.
These are only the essential tips to get started with WordPress. If you really want to improve, you need to read and learn a lot more on thematic websites and blogs.