WordPress is a great CMS to create a website for your business, even if your business requires an appointment booking system. While WordPress has no built-in feature to manage appointments, you can install a plugin to add such functionality. We have compiled some of the best appointment plugins you can install on your WordPress site.
A good appointment plugin offers the ability for your clients to self-book based on your (or your staffs) availability which you can set via the WordPress dashboard. It also supports integration with a payment service to make it easy for your clients to make the payment. An appointment plugin is essential especially for the following businesses:
- Medical clinics
- Law consultants
- Photography studio rentals
- Spa salons
- Repair centers
- Beauty salons
- Gym and sports
Best WordPress Appointment Plugins
Here is the list of the best appointment plugins you can install on your WordPress site.
Booknetic is a great option if you are looking for an appointment plugin that supports Zoom integration. Just like Amelia, the Booknetic integration with Zoom allows you to offer a virtual meeting with your clients. There is also integration support with Google Calendar. This integration (with Google Calendar) allows you to check the approved appointments from Google Calendar, whether on the web or your smartphone. Same as Bookly Pro, Booknetic also supports deposit payments, other than PayPal, and Stripe.
Booknetic also comes with an insightful administration dashboard to allow you or your staff to check the stats of your appointment form. Booknetic offers a demo to allow you to try its administration dashboard. Here are the key features offered by Booknetic:
- Zoom integration
- Google Calendar
- WooCommerce payment method
- SMS & email notifications
- Deposit payments
- Form builder
- Visual translator module
- Customizable design
- Recurring appointments
- Multiple locations
- Breaks, days-off, etc.
JetAppointment is a member of the Jet Plugins family. Jet Plugins is a set of Elementor add-ons developed by Crocoblock. To use JetAppointment, you need to install Elementor as the page builder of your WordPress site. JetAppoinment is a very customizable appointment plugin. It meets the requirements of a good appointment plugin. First, it allows your clients to self-book an appointment via your website. Second, you can integrate it with WooCommerce to accept payment via all payment systems available on the WooCommerce modules, including PayPal, Stripe, or cash on delivery.
JetAppointment comes with a guided installation wizard. JetAppointment allows you to add days off and effortlessly adjust the default schedule for all of your services in a single place. Here are the key features offered by JetAppoinment:
- Days off
- Set working hours
- Support for multiple services
- Customize calendar labels
- Buffer time
- Full appointments details
- Use single forms
3. Appointment Booking Lite by MotoPress
MotoPress Appointment Booking Lite is a WordPress appointment booking plugin free for service businesses of all types. It’s a top choice for medical clinics, barbershops, yoga and spa centers, personal coaches, tutors, and other appointment-based niches.
A fast and step-by-step booking process is powered by a mobile-friendly booking wizard. Plus, the plugin supports Gutenberg, Elementor, and Divi page builders. You can add any number of customizable services and multiple employees, define capabilities for teams, and set personal schedules.
The clients will be able to add several services to the cart during one booking submission. When it comes to locations, there are options to schedule both virtual and on-site meetings. Here are the key features of Appointment Booking Lite:
- Custom duration
- Buffer times between appointments
- Lunchtimes, breaks, days off, and holidays
- Group scheduling
- Hassle-free management on the backend
- Automated email notifications
- Translated into English, Italian, French, German and Spanish
This WordPress Booking Plugin debunks all free WordPress plugin myths! That makes BookingPress Plugin perfect for all service-based businesses.
A classic step-by-step booking wizard system for WordPress with a modern and user-friendly UI/UX that suits any service-based businesses like Gym and yoga trainers, spas, barbershops, consultants, tutors, wedding planners, home inspection, dealers, doctors, rental properties agents, restaurants.
It is the only FREE appointment booking plugin that provides PayPal payment gateway integration for your website. So, you may easily book online and manage your appointments with this simple WordPress appointment plugin. Here are the key features offered by BookingPress:
- Great UI And UX
- Seamless Integration with Your Website
- Offline/Online Payment (PayPal) available
- Support of Gutenberg and Elementor
- Easy And Quick Configuration Options
- Advanced admin calendar view
- Super handy dashboard
- Customizable email notifications
- Translation ready
- Captcha Free In-built Anti-spam protection
Amelia is one of the best appointment plugins for WordPress. It supports integrations with a wide range of services to enrich the functionality of the appointment booking system on your WordPress site. For instance, you can integrate Amelia with your Zoom account to allow your customers to book a virtual meeting with you via Zoom. Or, you can integrate Amelia with Google Calendar to let your employees keep track of all appointments in their Google Calendar. For the payment functionality, you can integrate Amelia with WooCommerce just like JetAppointment. You can also integrate Amelia with online-based services via webhook.
Amelia comes with an insightful administration dashboard to allow you or your administration staff to manage the appointments as well as checking the stats. Amelia offers several website demos on its website to allow you to figure out some appointment booking forms created with it. You can also login to the WordPress dashboard to learn the administration dashboard of Amelia. Here are the key features of Amelia.
- SMS notifications
- Custom service schedules
- WooCommerce integration
- Custom Fields for booking form
- Native Zoom integration
- Google Calendar synchronization
- Catalog view for services
- Insightful dashboard and reporting
- Manage multiple employees
- Manage multiple locations
6. Bookly Pro
Bookly Pro is another feature-rich appointment plugin for WordPress. It is a bit more expensive than the two first plugins above, but the features offered by Bookly Pro are also plenty enough. Mobile friendly is one of the key features offered by this plugin. When creating an appointment form with this plugin, you can effortlessly customize the look of the form. The administration dashboard of this plugin will ease the job of your administration staff in which she/he will be able to filter, sort, or the booking list. The built-in notification feature allows you to configure and send different types of customizable email or SMS notification. You can also create a personalized email or text message from the Bookly dashboard.
What about the payment?
Bookly Pro allows you to accept payment via credit card, PayPal, or cash on delivery. You can even accept deposit payments to ease your customers in making the payment on the booking process. You can take a look at the Bookly dashboard via a demo it offers. Here are the key features offered by Bookly Pro.
- Mobile-friendly booking form
- User-friendly admin panel
- Unlimited number of booking forms
- View calendar in daily/weekly/monthly modes
- Automatic or manual booking approval
- Filterable, sortable and searchable booking list
- Define the number of days available for booking
- Create appointments with custom service
- Unlimited number of service providers
- Allow staff members to manage their profiles and calendars
7. WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments
WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments is a great plugin to accept duration-based appointments. You will be able to offer your customers the ability to select a one-day appointment or multiple days appointment. Or, you can let your customers set a start date and end date of the appointment. You can also enable the ability to select an individual appointment or group appointment. The staff management feature offered by the plugin allows you to create staff members and set up flexible cost calculation rules for each staff member.
Key features offered by WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments include:
- Email Notifications & Reminders
- Cancelation & Confirmation
- Google Calendar Sync
- Partial Payment & Deposits
- Staff Management
- Buffer Time Between Bookings
- Add Custom Fields
- Complete Control Over Bookings
- Set Variable Durations
- Individual or Group Bookings
Compared to the five first plugins above, Booked is cheaper. The features offered by this plugin are also not as much as other plugins above. Even so, this plugin is powerful enough to add an appointment booking system to your WordPress site. The custom fields feature allows you to create your own appointment fields to get any information you need to collect for each appointment. You can display your appointment booking calendar anywhere on your website with a shortcode. To add the payment functionality, you can integrate this plugin with WooCommerce.
Here are the key features offered by Booked.
- Appointment calendar shortcode and widget
- Custom time slots for vacation/closed dates, etc
- Custom Fields
- Powerful backend interface
- Color pickers to change your calendar’s colors
- Appointment buffering
- Customers can manage their own appointments
- Customers can manage their account information
- Add to Google Calendar” buttons for your customers
- Customizable emails sent to you and your customers
- Front-end and admin are both fully responsive
- Fully translatable
gAppointments is a premium add-on for Gravity Forms, one of the most popular form builder plugins for WordPress. So, to use gAppointments, you need to install the Gravity Forms plugin first on your WordPress website. The gAppointments add-on helps you to enrich the functionality of Gravity Forms from being a form builder into an appointment booking system. This plugin is mobile-friendly and comes with features offered by most plugins above. You can visit this demo page to figure out what kind of appointment form you can create with the plugin.
Here are the key features offered by this plugin:
- Support PayPal, Stripe, and other payment services
- Email and SMS notifications
- Front-ent management
- Translation support
- Personalized schedule
- Endless color possibilities
- TimeSlot capacity
- Auto confirm appointments
- Autocomplete appointments
- Cancel unpaid appointments after a time interval
10. Appointment Booking Calendar
Unlike other plugins above, Appointment Booking Calendar is available as a freemium plugin. You can download the free version of this plugin on the official plugin directory of WordPress. Of course, the free version comes with fewer features than the paid version. For instance, the free version allows you to accept payment via PayPal if you charge your customers to make an appointment. To add other payment gateways, you need to buy the paid version. The paid version of this plugin comes with visual form builder to customize your appointment form, email reminders, and several other features, including integrations with Zoom, WooCommerce, Salesforce, Mailchimp and other services via webhook.
11. Appointment Booking and Online Scheduling by vCita
vCita offers several online-based services. The services offered by this website include scheduling, email marketing, CRM, and client portal. vCita also offers a WordPress plugin that you can use to add an appointment booking system on your WordPress site. The features you will get from the Appointment Booking and Online Scheduling by vCita plugin depend on the vCita plan you subscribed to. Here are some key features offered by the plugin:
- Set your availability, create services, assign meetings to specific staff members
- Send automatic reminders for future appointments, for due payments
- Accept credit card payment and Paypal payments
- Create estimates, invoices, and receipts
12. Book an appointment online PRO
Book an appointment online PRO is another appointment plugin that you can use to add an appointment booking functionality to your WordPress site. This plugin allows your customers to make an appointment with you or your staff. Great for business such as a beauty salon or medical clinic. This plugin is easy enough to install and use. The built-in video conference feature offered by this plugin allows you and your staff to provide services remotely via video conference. There is also a live chat feature. You can try the admin demo of the plugin on this page.
The key features offered by Book an appointment online PRO include:
- Easy install and quick start
- 3 type of schedule for staff regular working/shift work
- Days off and breaks
- SMS, push and email notifications
- Automatic time booking management
- Branch offices, employees pages
- PayPal, Stripe, Yandex Kassa, WooCommerce
13. Start Booking
Start Booking is an online appointment software, but you can also use it from your WordPress dashboard as the developer also offers a plugin. The plugin can be downloaded for free on the official plugin directory of WordPress, while the features you can use depend on the plan you subscribed to. With the Start Boking plugin, you will be able to provide customers the ability to book an appointment from your website instead of Start Booking’s site. The features offered by the plugin are divided into 6 main categories: costumer management, services management, booking appointments, booking calendar, staff management, and booking locations.
14. BirchPress Scheduler
BirchPress Scheduler is a freemium appointment plugin for WordPress. So, if you need a free solution to add an appointment booking system on your WordPress, this plugin can be an option although you can only use fewer features than the pro version. With the pro version, you will be able to enjoy features such as email notifications and reminders. This feature allows you to configure notification emails that are sent when a new appointment is booked, rescheduled, and canceled. The form builder allows you to effortlessly build and design your appointment booking form. About the payment, BirchPress supports credit card, PayPal, and other payment gateways via WooCommerce integration.
You can give BirchPress a try via a demo page available on its website. Here are the key features offered by BirchPress:
- Automated Email notifications to staff and clients
- Send reminder emails
- Custom email messages with an .ics file attached
- Block holidays
- Support minimum time requirement prior to booking
- Set how far in advance an appointment can be booked
15. Booking Calendar
Booking Calendar is another plugin that you can use to add an appointment booking system to your WordPress website. With this plugin, you can allow your customers to check your availability schedule and make an appointment according to your availability. They can book whether a specific day(s) or time slots. You can view and manage the bookings via Booking Calendar’s friendly administration dashboard. The customizable form builder makes it easy for you to create and customize the appointment form.
You can take a look at the Booking Calendar’s administration dashboard from this demo page. Here are the key features offered by the plugin.
- Responsive Front-End Design
- Intuitive and Powerful Admin Panel
- Independent Booking Calendars
- Customizable Form and Calendar
- Email Templates
- Online Payment
- Specific Time Bookings
- Multiple Bookings
- Advanced Day Selection
- Search Availability
- Multi-Language Support
- Multi-User Functionality
16. PinPoint Booking System
You can use PinPoint Booking System if you are looking for a free solution of appointment plugin for WordPress. It’s just, the free version comes with a very tight limitation. For instance, you can only have one calendar. You can download the free version of the plugin on the official WordPress plugin directory. To extend the functionality of the plugin, you can buy the pro version which costs $70 per year. PinPoint Booking System supports book days and book hours/minutes. The integration with WooCommerce allows you to accept payment via WooCommerce-supported payment gateways. Some payment gateways you can use are PayPal, 2Checkout, Stripe, Authorize.Net, and Braintree.
PinPoint Booking System key features:
- Responsive booking interface
- Book hours/minutes
- Book days
- Ajax administration dashboard
- Booking calendar extensions
- WooCommerce integration
- SMS and email notifications
- Multilingual support
17. Appointment Hour Booking
Appointment Hour Booking is a great plugin if you have a duration-based service such as personal training, rental, and so on. You can use this plugin to create booking forms for appointments with a start time and a defined duration. Apppointment Hour Booking itself is a freemium plugin with the free version is available on the plugin directory of WordPress. You need to use the pro version to accept payment since the payment integration is only available on the pro version. The paid version also supports integrations with Zoom, WooCommerce, Google Calendar, and so on.
A demo version is available to allow you to try the features offered by the plugin. Here are the key features offered by Appointment Hour Booking.
- Easy visual configuration of calendar data
- Working dates, invalid/holiday dates and special dates can be defined
- Supports restriction of default, maximum and minimum dates
- Open hours can be defined for each date
- Each calendar can have multiple services defined
- Each service can have its own price and duration
- Start-times are calculated automatically based in the open hours and service duration
- Available times are managed automatically to avoid double-booking
- Multiple services can be selected on each booking
- Automatic price calculation
- Visual form builder for creating the booking form fields
- Payment gateway (PayPal, Stripe, and Skrill)
- WooCommerce integration.
The bottom line
There are a bunch of WordPress appointment plugins there. Before choosing the right one, understanding what your business need is the key. We hope that the list above can help you make the right choice.